Whether you’re looking for a family adventure focused story, hotel and culinary reviews or adventure travel, we have the perfect setting to inspire your next story. Our PR Department is here to support and work with you to build a tailored itinerary to ensure that you experience everything that Blue has to offer. Each season is different, but here are a few sample story ideas for the winter season that may pique your interest:
The Social Side of Winter
Here at Blue Mountain Resort, we know that not everyone is a skier or snowboarder. That’s why we’ve packed our Resort with plenty of activities that cater to those who prefer to keep their feet firmly planted at the bottom of the mountain. From lively après ski, to daily Village events, and over 50 premiere bars and restaurants in our pedestrian Village, those who prefer socializing over skiing won’t want for entertainment.
Back to (Snow) School
At Blue Mountain Resort, back to school season begins the day our slopes open for business. With a number of learn-to options available, we have a Snow School program that caters to every level of ability. Whether you’re just finding your snow legs as an adult, or have a child with downhill dreams, or you’re a seasoned pro looking to finesse their skills, Blue Mountain’s Snow School provides the perfect classroom for all students.
Banish Your Winter Blues
Embrace the season at Blue Mountain Resort by taking advantage of our winter season offerings sure to delight even the staunchest critics of the cold. For those in need of an adrenaline rush, an action-packed itinerary awaits with our four-season Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster, snowmobile tours and winter caving. Or, for those who prefer a more relaxed approach, we have snowshoeing on the beautiful Bruce Trail, luxurious outdoor baths at the award-winning Le Scandinave, and horse-drawn sleigh rides through the scenic Blue Mountains. Either approach is a surefire way to banish your winter blues.
Behind the Scenes at Blue
Have you ever wondered what makes a mountain tick? Blue Mountain’s idyllic winter wonderland requires a lot of work behind the scenes in order to keep our guests safe and happy on the slopes. From Canada’s most sophisticated snowmaking infrastructure, to our premier fleet of grooming machines, and our many snowmaking and lift-operating professionals, we invite you to spend a day behind the scenes of Blue Mountain.
In a Winter Olympic year, snow sports are always top of mind. Blue Mountain Resort wants to grow the world of alpine sports and has taken an active role in Athlete Development. From National Team Athletes to those just developing their skills, Blue Mountain supports a range of free style snowboarders and skiers, alpine snowboard and snowboard cross, as well as alpine ski and skicross. Spend a day on the slopes with one of our Athletes and learn about their Olympic-sized ambitions at Blue Mountain Resort.
Top 10 Must Do Winter Adventures at Blue Mountain – Plan your winter getaway Sunday-Thursday and save on lodging and adventures!
1. Learn to Ski and Snowboard at Ontario’s largest mountain village resort
2. Free Horse and wagon rides through the pedestrian streets of the Village
3. Shopping and dining at 40 unique boutiques, cafes and restaurants
4. Tobogganing at nearby slopes with shuttle packages from the resort
5. Winter ice wine tasting and guided snowshoeing at a nearby winery
6. Free Ice skating on the Mill Pond under the stars
7. Scandinave Spa, the ultimate relaxation in the outdoor pools, log cabin sauna, steam room and massage
8. Indoor-outdoor swimming at Plunge Aquatic Centre or with your lodging at Mosaic at Blue or The Westin Trillium House
9. All season Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster above the ski trails
10. More area activities including snowmobiling, dogsledding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing across Ontario’s longest suspension bridge, winter caving, the Apple Pie Trail and so much more