Summertime is prime family time. The kids are out of school, and there are endless opportunities for fun and family bonding. Blue Mountain provides the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable family vacation. If you’re short on time a lot can be packed into a weekend. Here are our tips for the ultimate family weekend at Blue Mountain.
Where to Stay
Blue Mountain Village is absolutely stacked with accommodation options that are literally just steps from the fun of the stroll. The Weider Lodge or the Westin Trillium House are great options for accommodation when visiting with little ones. You kids will love their pools, and their central location makes it easy to drop in for quick breaks when needed.
The smallest diners can be some of the hardest to please. As a four-season family resort, Blue Mountain enjoys a wide range of family friendly options that will keep everyone satisfied. Here are some safe bets for meals with your smallest foodie.
Breakfast – Sunset Grill: Start your day right with a breakfast location with options that will keep everyone happy. The menu at the Sunset grill ranges from classic diner breakfasts to selection of light and healthy options. Their all day breakfast means you could even sleep in if your kids let you.
Lunch – Grand Central Lodge: The wide range of quick food options at the Grand Central Lodge will help you fuel up for an afternoon of adventuring. Menu items include quick grab and go sandwiches, build your own salads, and burgers. Its central location with views of the Ridgerunner, Rock Climbing Wall, and Cascade Putting Course make it easy to stop in for a quick fuel up without missing a beat of fun.
Dinner – Firehall Pizza Co: I’m not sure I’ve ever met a kid that didn’t like pizza, and their wide range of tasty pies has something for even the pickiest eaters. Parents love it for quality of their ingredients, and the absolutely stunning waterfront mountain views.
Special Treat – Happy Valley Candy Store (**NOTE** heads up, your site is directing to a dead page for this): Here your kids will literally be a happy as a kid in a candy store. They have every kind of treat you can imagine, it may even have you feeling like a kid again too.
WHAT TO DO
Blue Mountain has no shortage of family friendly activities. Here are some activities that will keep everyone happy.
Just For The Kids
- Kids Camps- Camp is a summer classic. Sign your little ones up for one of our Mountainside, Beachside, or Monterra Tennis camps for an unforgettable mountain experience.
For the Parents
- Golf at Monterra – Enjoy a round on this spectacular mountainside course
- Mountain Top Segway Tours – Experience our trails in a new and unique way with a tour on the rugged mountain Segways.
Family Time Together
- Blue Mountain Beach – Splash and play at this local oasis.
- Cascade Putting Course – Bond over some light family competition.
- Hiking – Take advantage of the cooler mornings to enjoy a family walk in the woods. If you’re feeling adventurous you can hike all the way to the top, enjoy the views, and ride the Open Air Gondola back down
- Open Air Gondola – Soar effortlessly above summer ski runs to the Mountain Summit.
Don’t let this summer slip away, there is no better time than now to start planning your next summer getaway.